امتیاز موضوع:
  • 0 رأی - میانگین امتیازات: 0
eally talked about how much he
SAN FRANCISCO -- Pat Shine joined the Miami Marlins to be their go-to guy for evaluating and monitoring replay scenarios. On Saturday night, Shine left AT&T Park with a souvenir game ball for his heads-up performance behind the scenes in a 5-0 victory over the San Francisco Giants. It saved Miami from giving up an early run that could have swung the momentum. Marlins manager Mike Redmond requested a review of whether Brandon Hicks touched first base on a second-inning double. The play was overturned in 2 minutes, 42 seconds, and became a putout from the pitcher to first baseman. That left Hector Sanchez on third base with two outs, and Brandon Crawford ended the inning on a deep fly to centre. "That was unbelievable. In my mind, Pat Shine won the game today," winning pitcher Tom Koehler said. "I looked at the replay to see how close it was. Second inning of the game and if youre wrong you burn your challenge in the second inning. Hes been doing a great job all year and thats why he got the game ball today when we came in from the field. Thats no joke. He got the game ball." Giancarlo Stanton homered and tripled to back Koehler (4-3) in his first road win. He struck out seven in seven innings to finally win in five tries away from South Florida after coming into his outing 0-3 on the road to start the year. He allowed four hits and walked two in his first road victory since Sept. 22, at Washington. Garrett Jones hit an RBI triple, Jarrod Saltalamacchia had a sacrifice fly and Adeiny Hechavarria singled to drive in a run for Miami. The Marlins improved to 11-2 at AT&T Park since 2011. Tim Lincecum (3-3), coming off his best start of the year with an 11-strikeout performance in a season-high 7 2-3 innings to beat Atlanta on Monday, never found his groove. On a night thousands in the sellout crowd donned orange giveaway Fedoras, the Giants were handed consecutive home losses for just the second time all year and first since April 9-10 against Arizona. San Francisco figures it missed a scoring opportunity in the second via a replay review. Giants coach Shawon Dunston, who works the replay room in the clubhouse, said the right call was made -- though Hicks thought he glanced the bag. He didnt plan to watch the replay, ready to move on from the mistake. "The umpires were right," Dunston said. "He didnt touch it. They got it right." Stanton, whose career-high 17-game hitting streak ended with an 0 for 5 on Friday, hit a two-out triple in the third -- his first since Sept. 15, 2012, off Cincinnatis Johnny Cueto. Stanton hit his 12th homer in the seventh. Kevin Slowey, Miamis third pitcher, got into trouble in the ninth and Steve Cishek entered to finish the six-hit shutout with his ninth save. San Francisco went 0 for 6 with runners in scoring position and left nine on base. "Ive said this many times, when you dont hit and score runs, you look flat," Giants manager Bruce Bochy said. "That was the game. We couldnt knock in runs." Suspended infielder Miguel Tejada was quoted as telling ESPN Deportes he had signed a minor league contract with the Marlins pending a physical. He served 41 games of a 105-game suspension last year for testing positive for an amphetamine. Tejada would be eligible to play in the Marlins 65th game, which barring rainouts would be June 10 at Texas. He could appear in minor league games at Double-A or lower on May 31. NOTES: Giants C Buster Posey had the night off until grounding out as a pinch-hitter in the ninth. ... Giants RHP Tim Hudson tested his strained left hip with an up-tempo throwing session on flat ground and was scheduled to throw a bullpen Sunday. Hes on target to make his next start Thursday at Colorado. He made 30-40 throws from up to about 80 feet. ... Both managers were still talking about two exclamation-point catches a night earlier -- Stantons grab of a fly by Michael Morse at the StubHub! sign in right field and San Francisco CF Angel Pagans over-the-shoulder catch of a ball by Derek Dietrich at the YAHOO! sign in left-centre. Pagan landed hard on his left shoulder trying to make a diving catch Saturday. ... Giants athletic trainer Dave Groeschner remains optimistic of 2B Marco Scutaro returning from a back injury this year. "Thats our goal," Groeschner said. Scutaro is working with a physical therapist in Arizona. دیدن لینک ها برای شما امکان پذیر نیست. لطفا ثبت نام کنید یا وارد حساب خود شوید تا بتوانید لینک ها را ببینید.
. The club was unable to retain hitting coach Kevin Seitzer, who is bound for Atlanta. Seitzer replaces Greg Walker, who was assisted by Scott Fletcher this season as the Braves finished 79-83. دیدن لینک ها برای شما امکان پذیر نیست. لطفا ثبت نام کنید یا وارد حساب خود شوید تا بتوانید لینک ها را ببینید.
.The Toronto Raptors guard, who will represent the Eastern Conference at the All-Star Game in New Orleans on Sunday, says he doesnt complain in the face of adversity "because I know this little girl is just happy for anything. دیدن لینک ها برای شما امکان پذیر نیست. لطفا ثبت نام کنید یا وارد حساب خود شوید تا بتوانید لینک ها را ببینید.
. Although head coach Randy Carlyle jokingly wondered how much actual training Bolland got done while in London. "I dont know how much training goes on when you go back to the junior team that you played for so I wouldnt read too much into that," laughed Carlyle after the Maple Leafs were put through an up-tempo practice that concluded with a 10-minute bag skate on Thursday. دیدن لینک ها برای شما امکان پذیر نیست. لطفا ثبت نام کنید یا وارد حساب خود شوید تا بتوانید لینک ها را ببینید.
. Fourteen players were suspended last summer by Major League Baseball as part of the Biogenesis drug scandal, ranging from All-Stars to also-rans. دیدن لینک ها برای شما امکان پذیر نیست. لطفا ثبت نام کنید یا وارد حساب خود شوید تا بتوانید لینک ها را ببینید.
. Basketball fans around the globe will be watching as Kobe Bryant makes his season debut - 240 days after tearing his left Achilles - against Toronto, a team he has used as his own personal punching bag.HOUSTON -- Anyone whos seen Jadeveon Clowneys monster tackle against Michigan in the Outback Bowl last year wont be surprised to learn what the No. 1 overall pick likes best about football. "Big hits," he said. "Im all about hitting. I dont care who it is." Thats what the Houston Texans are counting on from the South Carolina defensive end after skipping a chance to take a quarterback -- their top need -- with the top pick Thursday night. Clowney was introduced on Friday in Houston, joining a team that features 2012 Defensive Player of the Year J.J. Watt. Clowney was already known as a top player before that hit in the Outback Bowl. But when he burst through the line and crashed into Vincent Smith, knocking his helmet off and the ball out of his hands in the process, his star power reached another level. Hes hoping to pile up plenty more highlight-reel hits this season, but knows hell have to be careful about how he delivers them. "Thats what I live for is making big hits," he said. "I hope I dont get no fines this year. I might have to dial it down a little." New Houston coach Bill OBrien, who took over a team that hasnt won since Sept. 15, raved about Clowneys many attributes. But one thing stood out to OBrien as he got to know Clowney. "He really talked about how much he loved winning and how winning was important to him," OBrien said. "These are the type guys that were looking for, were looking for team guys, were looking for tough guys, were looking for guys that are going to come in here and understand that theyre part of a team and theyre coming here to work hard." Houston general manager Rick Smith obviously coveted Clowney for his pass-rushing ability, but values hhis attitude perhaps just as much.dddddddddddd "Hes driven, and in my opinion very committed to being an excellent football play, and we need that," Smith said. Clowney doesnt model his play after any player in particular, but he does study many guys to elevate his game. "I watch J.J. Watt, I watch Ray Lewis, I watch Lawrence Taylor before games," Clowney said. "I go out there on the field (and say): Im about to pull a Lawrence Taylor. Im about to pull a Ray Lewis today. I try to take over the game and try to dominate a game and thats what I do." Clowney got a good laugh during Thursdays news conference when OBrien referred to him as J.D. "I guess he has trouble pronouncing Jadeveon," Clowney said. "So I told him: Just call me J.D., man. Were going to keep it simple. And its quicker and easier." This isnt anything new to Clowney, who said people say his unique name wrong all the time. "I ask mom: Where you get that name from? I mispronounce it sometimes," he joked. "Its all right though. Ive got so many nicknames, people give me J., J.D. call me Clowney, 7. Ive got so many names. Just dont call me Clown." Everyone in his family has names that starts with the letter J, and his mother wanted to incorporate his father Davids name into her sons and came up with the hybrid name. Clowney grew up in Rock Hill, South Carolina, which has a population of less than 70,000 people. Hes excited about moving to big city, but is a bit concerned about the traffic in Houston, home to more than 2 million people. "I better get here early," Clowney said. "If I got to be here at 8, Ive got to get up at 5:30-6, get going and get here on time." ' ' '

پیام‌های داخل این موضوع
eally talked about how much he - yyys123 - 2019/10/08، 01:12 AM

پرش به انجمن:

کاربرانِ درحال بازدید از این موضوع: 1 مهمان