امتیاز موضوع:
  • 0 رأی - میانگین امتیازات: 0
he is a real world class stand
TORONTO - The NBA pre-season can seem numbingly long, but the Toronto Raptors still have plenty of work to do before the curtain comes up on the regular season next week.Coach Dwane Casey spent Tuesdays practice session in teaching mode. At the top of his agenda: defence. Again.The Raptors are 5-1 on the pre-season, but have yet to put in the solid defensive effort — especially on the boards — that Casey would like to see before opening-night tipoff.I want to start the real season but were still in practice mode, weve got to fix some things, said centre Jonas Valanciunas, who led the Raptors in rebounds last season. (Rebounding) is an area weve got to get better on. Were doing that every practice, so hope were going to get better and were going to show better results.Weve got to get used to going for the ball, all five guys.The Raptors were a disappointing 20th in the NBA last season in defensive rebounding.The 22-year-old Valanciunas will be counted on to anchor Torontos defence. However, despite going into his third NBA season, the Lithuanian still has a lot to learn before he has a complete grasp of the nuances of the NBA game.Valanciunas played in Los Angeles last summer before going to Spain for the FIBA World Cup, where he led the tournament in shooting percentage at 69.6 per cent.But one summer is not enough, he needs to continue to go with Hakeem (Olajuwon, former Raptor and Hall of Famer) or whoever in the summer, Casey said. He needs to play pickup basketball where its not as organized or you really have to anticipate against quicker athletes, maybe smaller athletes, so its a work in progress for him.Valanciunas could be one of the more comfortable Raptors when the team hosts Maccabi Haifi at Air Canada Centre on Wednesday. The team plays in the Israeli Basketball Super League, winning the Super League championship in the 2012-13 season — its first Israeli title since the team was formed in 1953. Its a good test for us, they play a different style, mostly four out and one in, really spread the floor, a lot like four guards out there on the floor, Casey said. So its going to be a challenge for Amir (Johnson) and Tyler (Hansbrough) and the big fours (power forwards) to get out there and guard those guys off the bounce, off the dribble, getting back in transition.It will be a challenge for us. They play faster up and down moreso than were used to and a tremendous amount of pick and rolls, a lot like what San Antonio did with four ball-handlers with the ability to run a pick and roll, which is a little different than what you see in the NBA.Maccabi Haifa, which is owned by American businessman Jeffrey Rosen, was beaten 91-59 by the Kings on Sunday. Theyd arrived in Sacramento following a 10-hour bus ride from Portland, where they lost 121-74 to the Trailblazers.Three players remain in the running for the 15th and final spot on the Raptors roster — centre Greg Stiemsma, point guard Will Cherry and swingman Jordan Hamilton. NBA rosters have to be set by opening day on Oct. 27.I think it makes it tough on management because we all can play, were good players, Hamilton said. Wills a good young guard, I feel like I can score, and Greg, he does all the intangibles. Best man wins.The Raptors open the regular season Oct. 29 against the visiting Atlanta Hawks. دیدن لینک ها برای شما امکان پذیر نیست. لطفا ثبت نام کنید یا وارد حساب خود شوید تا بتوانید لینک ها را ببینید.
.J. -- Omar Cummings helped the Houston Dynamo advance to the MLS Eastern Conference finals. دیدن لینک ها برای شما امکان پذیر نیست. لطفا ثبت نام کنید یا وارد حساب خود شوید تا بتوانید لینک ها را ببینید.
. The Philadelphia Eagles acquired running back Darren Sproles from the New Orleans Saints for a fifth-round draft pick on Tuesday. دیدن لینک ها برای شما امکان پذیر نیست. لطفا ثبت نام کنید یا وارد حساب خود شوید تا بتوانید لینک ها را ببینید.
. Vargas (8-3) allowed four singles and two walks while striking out five, allowing only two runners from a diluted Twins lineup to reach second base. Mike Moustakas and Jarrod Dyson hit RBI singles in the second inning against Kevin Correia (4-10), and that was all Vargas needed. دیدن لینک ها برای شما امکان پذیر نیست. لطفا ثبت نام کنید یا وارد حساب خود شوید تا بتوانید لینک ها را ببینید.
. The group of Slava Fetisov, Igor Larionov, Vladimir Konstantinov, Sergei Fedorov, & Slava Kozlov were a dominant force for The Wings at one point in the 90s. دیدن لینک ها برای شما امکان پذیر نیست. لطفا ثبت نام کنید یا وارد حساب خود شوید تا بتوانید لینک ها را ببینید.
.C. -- Theyll remember the OT from the first Syracuse-Duke game -- and the Ts that decided Round 2.England prop Alex Corbisiero believes lock Maro Itoje has all the makings of a future national team captain. The 21-year old Saracens lock has impressed during Englands Six Nations triumph and will once again start for Eddie Jones side in Saturdays finale against France, following a man of the match performance against Wales last weekend.Corbisiero, who is currently on a year-long break from rugby to heal from an array of injuries, told Sky Sports News HQ he believes Itoje is on his way to becoming one of the best in the world - and maybe even a future England skipper. Alex Corbisiero announced in December that he would be taking a year away from rugby to heal from a number of injuries. I think he is a real world class standout in the making. I remember seeing him in the summer at the World Cup camp, and seeing him in that environment face to face. I was thinking this guy is going to be world class, said Corbisiero.This year, he has played amazingly well for Saracens. He had to wait for his opportunity, and he got it. And now, hes announced himself on the international stage.His physicality, athletic ability and his rugby brain and skill-set make him the potential to be as good as you can be in that position.Theyre going to bring him along slowly and gradually as he becomes more cemented in that team. Hell get more and more of a leadership role going forward. England will be looking to add the Grand Slam to their Triple Crown success in this years championship Hes a hard worker and a leader and I do see him as a potential England captain in the making in the next few years.dddddddddddd They dont need to rush him, but hes a potential standout.England coach Jones has made two changes to the side to face France, as England look to secure their first Six Nations Grand Slam since 2003.Mako Vunipola replaces Joe Marler at loose-head prop, with Danny Care coming in at scrum-half in place of Ben Youngs. Mako Vunipola will take Joe Marlers place in Paris on Sunday Marler was cleared on Wednesday of striking Wales Rob Evans, making him available to face France, but Corbisiero believes the uncertainty over whether Marler would be suspended or not is why he is moved to the bench.I feel the disruption is what contributed to it. Maybe Eddie might have wanted to go with consistency in the week, and no question mark of how its going to go, added Corbisiero.Mako is a great option and a great player to have in his place. I think Eddie went for the least disruption by banking on someone he knew was going to be available. Also See: Englands Six Nations stars Care, Vunipola start against France Marler free to face France Englands Grand Slam failures ' ' '

پرش به انجمن:

کاربرانِ درحال بازدید از این موضوع: 1 مهمان