امتیاز موضوع:
  • 0 رأی - میانگین امتیازات: 0
e a few mistakes and
CHARLESTON, S.C. -- Montreals Eugenie Bouchard couldnt finish off German Andrea Petkovic on Saturday at the Family Circle Cup womens tennis tournament. Bouchard was two games away from recording the win and advancing to her second WTA Tour final. But the ninth-ranked Petkovic rallied for the 1-6, 6-3, 7-5 victory and hand the 20-year-old Bouchard her third loss in as many head-to-head meetings between the two. Playing her third straight three-set match, Bouchard was just one point away from going ahead 5-2 in the third. But Petkovic broke Bouchard twice down the stretch to advance to her first championship since Washington, D.C., last August where she fell to Magdalena Rybarikova in straight sets. "I think I just hesitated on a few balls and on my chances. Thats not the way I want to play," Bouchard said. "I really want to go for my shots, and when I hesitate, it doesnt end up well for me." Petkovic will face Jana Cepelova, who came back from 4-1 down in a third-set tiebreaker to oust 17-year-old Swiss qualifier Belinda Bencic 6-4, 5-7, 7-6 (7). Petkovic broke down and cried with a towel over her head after the match, happy and relieved that she was again in this position after the past three years dealing with injuries to her ankle, knee and back that caused her to miss nine months on tour. "I was just so relieved and I was proud that I came back from all these injuries, and I never thought that I would play finals in the big tournaments again," said Petkovic, who hadnt gotten past the quarter-finals in her six previous tournaments this season. Petkovic, ranked 40th in the world, calmly analyzed her first-set shortcomings and understood that with a few changes, she could get back in the match. "I wasnt that upset because I felt Genie was playing incredible tennis," she said. "I just lacked that 10 per cent." So Petkovic moved a step closer to the baseline so she could hit deeper forehands and put Bouchard on her heels. Things finally clicked midway through the second set as Petkovic fought off three break points to hold serve and begin her comeback. "I said, Even if I miss more, Im going to have to get the length or shes going to kill me," Petkovic said. Bouchard wasnt done, taking a 4-2 lead in the final set and having a chance to break serve for a bigger lead. But Petkovic hit a pair of crisp serves to win that game and followed by breaking Bouchards serve to tie the set at four games. Petkovic broke Bouchards serve a final time to close out the match on four consecutive points. Bouchard trailed in the third set in her two previous matches before eliminating No. 11 seed Venus Williams in the third round and No. 2 seed Jelena Jankovic in the quarter-finals. Against Petkovic, Bouchard says she didnt play as aggressively down the stretch as she had hoped. Petkovics father, Zoran, played college tennis at South Carolina and was among the Gamecocks top players with an 18-8 singles record in 1982. She hopes to give her family more reason to celebrate their connections to the Palmetto State. Andrea Petkovic, whos won two WTA titles at Strasbourg in 2011 and Bad Gastein in 2009, understands shell be expected to easily defeat her untested opponent. "They are super young, so they will come out and play great tennis," she said. "I am 100 per cent sure of that, so I will have it very tough and I will have to fight hard." دیدن لینک ها برای شما امکان پذیر نیست. لطفا ثبت نام کنید یا وارد حساب خود شوید تا بتوانید لینک ها را ببینید.
. You can watch the game live on TSN2 and TSN Mobile TV at 9pm et/6pm pt. Jonathan Huberdeau and Quinton Howden are expected to make their debuts for Team Canada. دیدن لینک ها برای شما امکان پذیر نیست. لطفا ثبت نام کنید یا وارد حساب خود شوید تا بتوانید لینک ها را ببینید.
. "I could have been equipment manager but nooooo" from Lisa on Ice. Season 6, Episode 8. دیدن لینک ها برای شما امکان پذیر نیست. لطفا ثبت نام کنید یا وارد حساب خود شوید تا بتوانید لینک ها را ببینید.
. The German has taken the pole for three straight races -- winning the first two. Hes aiming for a third consecutive win at the Yeongam circuit and, most importantly, a fourth consecutive F1 championship. دیدن لینک ها برای شما امکان پذیر نیست. لطفا ثبت نام کنید یا وارد حساب خود شوید تا بتوانید لینک ها را ببینید.
. Or, for that matter, the aged. دیدن لینک ها برای شما امکان پذیر نیست. لطفا ثبت نام کنید یا وارد حساب خود شوید تا بتوانید لینک ها را ببینید.
. The Calgary skip fell 10-8 to Swedens Oskar Eriksson in semifinal action Saturday and will face Switzerlands Peter de Cruz for the bronze medal (Saturday at 10pm et/7pm pt on TSN2).PARIS - Marseille maintained its four-point lead atop the French league by defeating struggling Lens 2-1 on Sunday.Marseille winger Florian Thauvin scored the winning goal with a shot into the top corner in the 60th minute.Cameroon defender Nicolas Nkoulou powered home a header to give the hosts the lead in the 10th, but Lens forward Baptiste Guillaume equalized with a low strike in the 31st.Marseille was down to 10 men in the 76th when midfielder Alaixys Romao picked up a second yellow card.We gave them some hope in the first half, Marseille defender Rod Fanni said. We made quite a few mistakes and helped them a little bit get back into the match.Elsewhere, Bordeaux climbed to fourth place by edging Toulouse 2-1 while Nantes slipped to sixth by drawing 1-1 with Rennes.Marseille was looking to bounce back from two straight losses in all competitions and took the lead when Nkoulou headed home a corner from Thauvin.However, Lens troubled the hosts by aggressively pressing high up the pitch. Marseille goalkeeper Steve Mandanda punched away a 30-yard drive from Jerome Le Moigne in the 18th. Romao was lucky to only receive a yellow card in the 23rd for holding Lens forward Pablo Chavarria, who was clean through on goal.Lens capitalized on a counterattack to level when Guillaume cut inside Rod Fanni to shoot past Manndanda.ddddddddddddStruggling to build up attacks, Marseille relied on set pieces to threaten. Thauvin met a corner from Dimitri Payet in the 38th but his volley was cleared off the line by Lens midfielder Wylan Cyprien.Marseille tightened its control over the game in the second half. Andre-Pierre Gignac beat the offside trap to square the ball back to Thauvin, who scored with a side-footed finish from 12 yards.Lens put Marseille under pressure in the closing minutes following Romaos sending off for a cynical foul on Cyprien. However, Mandanda preserved the win in stoppage time by denying Lens substitute Yoann Touzghar with a leg save.In Bordeaux, defender Marc Planus pounced on a free kick to open the scoring from close range in the 53rd before Uruguay forward Diego Rolan doubled the lead 10 minutes later by heading home a cross from Jaroslav Plasil.Toulouse striker Aleksandar Pesic converted a cross from Martin Braithwaite to pull one back in the 68th.At Stade de la Beaujoire, Pedro Henrique scored his first goal in the league to put Rennes ahead in the fourth minute. The Brazilian winger outpaced the Nantes defence to beat goalkeeper Remy Riou.The hosts levelled in the 21st with an own goal from Rennes defender Sylvain Armand, who headed in a free kick from Nantes midfielder Jordan Veretout. ' ' '

پرش به انجمن:

کاربرانِ درحال بازدید از این موضوع: 1 مهمان