امتیاز موضوع:
  • 0 رأی - میانگین امتیازات: 0
he third quarter, b
SAN FRANCISCO -- Brandon Crawfords first splash hit came at a most opportune time. Crawford led off the 10th inning with a game-ending drive into McCovey Cove to give the San Francisco Giants a 5-4 victory over the Colorado Rockies on Sunday. "It feels good," he said. "I wanted to hit one in there for a long time. Im glad I finally got to." Pablo Sandoval also homered and Angel Pagan drove in two runs for the Giants, who bounced back from a 1-0 loss on Saturday to take two of three in the series. Crawford turned on the second pitch thrown by Rex Brothers (1-1) and drove it into the water on the fly for his first career walkoff homer and first splash homer. "He smoked that one," manager Bruce Bochy said. "I asked him if he ever hit one further." The homer also helped Crawford show Bochy that he deserves more at-bats against left-handed pitchers. Bochy said earlier this season that Crawford might sit against certain lefties after hitting just .199 off them last season. But he is 7 for 14 so far this year against lefties with no bigger hit than the one against Brothers. "Thats what you want these guys to do is take anything that you may throw at them that may not have them in the game as a challenge," Bochy said. "To his credit, hes done that." Sergio Romo (1-0) pitched a scoreless 10th for the win. Wilin Rosario and Justin Morneau hit solo homers for the Rockies, who have lost 15 of their last 18 games in San Francisco and have not won a series here since 2010. But the Rockies got bad news after the game when they learned lefty Brett Anderson broke the index finger on his throwing hand Saturday and is expected to miss four to six weeks. "We have to play the hand were dealt with here," manager Walt Weiss said. "His arm is great and so is everything else. Its better than having arm trouble." The Giants nearly won it in the ninth, when Gregor Blanco hit a drive off the wall in right field with two outs and nobody on. When Michael Cuddyer misplayed the carom off the wall, Blanco tried to score on the play but was thrown out on a relay from second baseman D.J. LeMahieu to Rosario. The play was eerily similar to one last year when Pagan shocked the Rockies with a game-ending, two-run, inside-the-park homer in the 10th inning of a 6-5 win May 25. "I saw it develop and thought this cant happen to you two years in a row," Weiss said. "But Cuddy kept his cool, gave D.J. a good throw and then D.J. then made good throw to home." Tim Hudson appeared to be cruising to this third straight win to open his San Francisco career, taking a 4-2 lead into the eighth inning having thrown only 77 pitches. But then Nolan Arenado and LeMahieu opened with doubles to cut the Giants lead to 4-3. Pinch-hitter Drew Stubbs tied it with a one-out single off Javier Lopez. "I would have been sick if we had lost this game because I felt like I had a pretty good game and then in the eighth inning we were tied up," Hudson said. Hudson allowed four runs and five hits in 7 1-3 innings. He hasnt walked a batter in 23 innings, setting a San Francisco record for most consecutive innings without a walk to open the season. The Giants had given Hudson the lead when they broke a 17-inning scoreless streak by scoring three runs in the fifth inning against Tyler Chatwood with a sacrifice fly by Crawford and two-run single from Pagan. Sandoval added a leadoff homer in the sixth. NOTES: Atlee Hammaker opened the 1983 season with 21 straight innings without a walk for the Giants. ... The Giants open a three-game home series Tuesday against the Dodgers with Tim Lincecum (0-1) facing Josh Beckett (0-0). ... The Rockies open a four-game series in San Diego on Monday with Jordan Lyles (2-0) taking on Eric Stults (0-2). دیدن لینک ها برای شما امکان پذیر نیست. لطفا ثبت نام کنید یا وارد حساب خود شوید تا بتوانید لینک ها را ببینید.
. And fellow Leaf, Jake Gardiner, hiking in Whistler. دیدن لینک ها برای شما امکان پذیر نیست. لطفا ثبت نام کنید یا وارد حساب خود شوید تا بتوانید لینک ها را ببینید.
.J. - The New York Jets have signed former Green Bay Packers backup quarterback Graham Harrell, giving them some added depth at the position. دیدن لینک ها برای شما امکان پذیر نیست. لطفا ثبت نام کنید یا وارد حساب خود شوید تا بتوانید لینک ها را ببینید.
.Y. - Geno Smith still thinks of himself as the New York Jets starting quarterback. دیدن لینک ها برای شما امکان پذیر نیست. لطفا ثبت نام کنید یا وارد حساب خود شوید تا بتوانید لینک ها را ببینید.
. -- Jonathan Vilmas season is over and his future on the football field is in doubt. دیدن لینک ها برای شما امکان پذیر نیست. لطفا ثبت نام کنید یا وارد حساب خود شوید تا بتوانید لینک ها را ببینید.
. -- Brendan Leipsic had two goals and an assist and Nicolas Petan extended his point streak to 11 games as the Portland Winterhawks slipped past the Red Deer Rebels 5-4 on Saturday in Western Hockey League action.LOS ANGELES, Calif. - Kobe Bryant isnt happy about spending Christmas Day on the sideline, unable to help the struggling Los Angeles Lakers. Its a place hes unaccustomed to being on the holiday. Bryant leads the NBA with a record 15 appearances on Christmas Day, but hes out an expected four to six weeks with a fracture in his left knee. "Its strange to be coming in on Christmas and not playing," he said before the Lakers hosted the streaking Miami Heat on Wednesday. "Its a foreign feeling, but Im here to support my guys." LeBron James and Co. has won five in a row; the Lakers have dropped two straight. "We need you tonight," Lakers guard Nick Young told the crowd before tipoff. Bryants injury was diagnosed last week, his second major one of the season. He didnt play his first game until Dec. 8 after nearly eight months away while recovering from a torn Achilles tendon. Then he got hurt again Dec. 17 at Memphis while playing his fourth game in five nights. "I was fortunate that it was not a meniscus," he said. Initially, Bryant didnt think he was seriously hurt against Memphis. He went down late in the third quarter, but returned to finish out the victory in which he logged a season-high 21 points in 32 minutes. "I didnt know it was fractured," he said. "I was expecting a bone bruise more than anything else. I thought (the doctor) was joking when he told me." Bryant has been limited to riding a bike; he isnt supposed to put any pressuure on his knee.dddddddddddd "Its just been slow in terms of laying off it and letting it heal," he said. "When you dont have activity, you got to watch the other parts like nutrition." Typical of Bryants attention to detail, he said hes been reading critical comments that suggest he wont return this season. "Its the same old tune, just being sung a little more loudly now," he said. "These type of things just help me lock in more." Asked if theres any chance he wont be back, Bryant replied, "Not that Im aware of." Los Angeles signed the 35-year-old guard to a two-year, $48.5 million contract extension in November. James, along with other NBA players, tweeted out well wishes to Bryant, although the two superstars havent talked. "Especially games like today, you want to have the best guys out there," James said. After the Achilles injury, Bryant expressed rare self-doubt. He hasnt felt any this time. "The knee is not really a concern to me," he said. "The biggest question was would the Achilles respond to my game. It felt fine. It was strong." Bryant was looking forward to playing against the defending NBA champions as a way to see where he was physically with his Achilles. "This was a really big measuring stick," he said. Instead, he sat at the end of the bench wearing a black suit and print T-shirt. "My spirits are fine," he said. "I feel more locked in now than my entire career." ' ' '

پرش به انجمن:

کاربرانِ درحال بازدید از این موضوع: 1 مهمان